MEF PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
|Get the document
|The MEF professional certification program is designed for telecommunication professionals seeking to validate their expertise, skills and knowledge of Carrier Ethernet technologies, standards, services and applications.
Certification is awarded to individuals that successfully pass MEF administered tests developed by distinguished leaders and experts in the Carrier Ethernet industry. MEF-Authorized Training Partners, global leaders in telecommunication class-room-based training, education and consulting, offer Carrier Ethernet training courses to prepare individuals for exams.
MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional
The MEF-CECP, the first in a series of planned MEF professional certifications, consists of a 2-hour multiple-choice exam covering Carrier Ethernet technology fundamentals designed for product and technical marketing managers, pre-sales and application engineers, product planners and technically oriented sales staff.
MEF Certified Professionals are awarded with an official MEF certificate and listed on the on-line Directory of MEF Certified Professionals posted the widely visited EthernetAcademy.net website.
- MEF Carrier Ethernet services definitions for E-Line, E-LAN and E-Tree Role of Service, Operations Administration and Maintenance (SOAM) in Carrier Ethernet Networks
- Advantages of different Carrier Ethernet Access Technologies
- Definitions and application of UNI, EVC and ENNI in Carrier Ethernet networks
- Key UNI, ENNI, EVC and OVC service attributes
- Definitions of MEF 9, 14, 18 vendor equipment and product certifications and benefits
- Key service requirements for target Carrier Ethernet service applications (wholesale access, Ethernet access to IP, mobile backhaul, retail Ethernet services)
- Comparing and positioning Carrier Ethernet services to layer 2 Frame Relay, IP/MPLS and TDM private line
- Understanding of Circuit Emulation over Ethernet
The industry’s reference for Carrier Ethernet expertise
|MEF certification is a globally recognized and trusted reference for Carrier Ethernet professionals employed with global service providers, equipment vendors, enterprises and governments. It ensures that Carrier Ethernet professionals acquire key competency and skills to design, manage or implement Carrier Ethernet networks, services and applications.
- Industry-first standardized validation of CE expertise
- Industry recognition of CE knowledge, skills and capabilities
- Covers CE standards, applications and services.
- Recognition for career advancement and opportunities
- Networking with experts in the MEF Certified Professional community
- Builds employers confidence
Return to MEF Certification Overview