| MEF: The industry focal point for Carrier Ethernet:
The MEF, as the defining body for Carrier Ethernet is a global industry alliance comprising more than 150 organizations including telecommunications service providers, cable MSOs, network equipment/software manufacturers, semiconductors vendors and testing organizations. The MEF’s mission is to accelerate the worldwide adoption of Carrier-class Ethernet networks and services. The MEF develops Carrier Ethernet technical specifications and implementation agreements to promote interoperability and deployment of Carrier Ethernet worldwide.
If your Company has a vested interested in the Carrier Ethernet Industry – you need to be part of the MEF!
Seven good reasons to join the MEF:
- Better position your Carrier Ethernet products or services, versus non-MEF aligned competitors.
- Be the first to know new Carrier Ethernet market directions, services and technology trends.
- Participate in standardization of Ethernet Services – putting your stamp on this industry.
- Get MEF Certified – a member’s only program. Help develop new certifications programs to the benefit of your company and the industry.
- Network with your partners, suppliers, customers and competitors in an informal, non-competitive environment - the MEF brings together then world’s best and brightest.
- Enhance your company visibility by participating in extensive MEF marketing & PR activities – extending your marketing budget with MEF membership.
- Access member-only tools and documents for marketing Carrier Ethernet products and services.
MEF activities are conducted by two committees: Technical and Marketing. Members can choose to participate in one or both committees. The Marketing committee has Global, APAC, EMEA and Americas.
Service providers from all around the world, ranging from the world's largest operators to smaller alternative carriers are engaged in the MEF and making an impact!
Accessing members-only information
All MEF documentation, technical contributions, events calendar, marketing materials, discussions and meeting minutes are easily accessible through the member-only web site.
What does the MEF membership include?
Your US$15,000 annual membership fees include:
- Participation by an unlimited number of corporate employees;
- Attendance fees at quarterly meetings, regional/country marketing functions or other MEF special meetings;
- Access to the MEF members-only site;
- Ability to participate in key industry events as an MEF Member – generally without fees;
- Use of the MEF logo in support of your industry positioning and credibility.
Who are MEF current members?
Members include organizations from around the world including leading network equipment and test equipment vendors, service providers, cable MSOs, OSS companies, certification labs and telecommunications system integrators.
How to join?
Visit www.metroethernetforum.org and download the membership applications for further instructions. Alternatively, contact the MEF at +1 310 258 8032. or email us at email@example.com .
Not sure? Come to an MEF quarterly meeting
The MEF permits organizations contemplating MEF membership to send both technical and marketing representatives to one quarterly meeting before committing to membership. You will be introduced to committee leaders and board members and will gain a full appreciation for all current MEF activities and proceedings. You will also gain an understanding of how you can best participate and which of your staff members will be the most appropriate representatives for future meetings and activities.